I first got it running on Windows where on the 'Choose SDK' step of the wizard I selected Ruby SDK and pointed it at
C:\Rubywhich worked just fine. IntelliJ figured out it was Ruby 1.8.4 and all was happiness and light.
Then I tried the same thing on Linux (I'm using 6.06 Dapper). A
/usr/bindidn't work since that
rubywas a file. Starngely,
/usr/lib/rubydidn't work either.
After randomly trying to point IntelliJ at various sub-directories, I decided to compare the directory stucture with that of my Windows installation which had worked out of the box.
/usrwas the directory which matched
c:\ruby. When I pointed IntelliJ at
/usr, it picked up the Ruby SDK right off and everyone lived happily ever after.
I tried this a few weeks back, pretty nice.
Was using Eclipse all these days, so felt nice to get back to familiar Key Strokes.
Looks like these guys are pretty active on this plugin, cause I try and build the latest plugin everyday and see tons of checkins.
My acc of this - http://rohan-kini.livejournal.com/70063.html
I'm still figuring out what to do about the Ctrl+Alt+Left and Ctrl+Alt+Right shortcuts since I don't want to give up the bindings on either GNome or on IntelliJ :-(
didnt notice that you had linked it to my post.
BTW, for JS there is an amazing Eclipse plugin called JSEclipse. Its damn cool !!
Post a Comment